Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

skincarejunkie
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  11:40:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wanted to hear about any experiences people have had with drinking more water and improving their skin. I have a really hard time drinking water but do believe that it may help with a lot of skin problems.

sandylaundry
Starting Member

Canada
29 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2008 :  10:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I definately feel that drinking water helps the body's, and by extension, the skin's ability to detoxify. Yes, it can be hard to drink the 8-10 glasses a day, but remember that herbal tea, juices and soups also count. If your trouble is that water is bland, you can try making your favourite herbal tea extra strong, chilling it and serving it with sparkling water(also a great diet trick).
Go to Top of Page

skincarejunkie
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2008 :  5:18:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a great suggestion, thank you! I think you also bring up a good point of finding a way to make the water not so bland. I really need to work on that and get my water intake up. :)
Go to Top of Page

summer
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2008 :  7:20:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found at the spa i go to have large containers of water with slices of lemon in it.....tasted quite refreshing....

valerie
Go to Top of Page

Lisa

Canada
140 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  7:58:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think drinking more water does help my skin, but eating foods that have a high "water content" works just as well! I remember watching Oprah and Dr. Oz said that not drinking water doesn't mean that your skin won't be hydrated 'cause a lot of the foods you eat can contain water (i.e. lettuce and fruits!).
Go to Top of Page

prettypants
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  2:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IME, the best way to keep myself drinking water all day long is to get myself a giant glass or a sport bottle and fill it up as soon as I get up, and make sure to carry it around with me. You find yourself naturally reaching for it until it's empty, and then you just fill 'er up again.
I like to add a little lemon juice (organic, in a glass bottle, easier for me than squeezing an actual lemon each time, lol) to liven 'er up.
It becomes habit after a couple days and seems much less like an obvious chore.

Go to Top of Page

Lammie
Average Member

Canada
272 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  10:30:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also agree that drinking water is very important for our skin and overall well being. I notice a different when I don't drink enough water. That's why I always try to keep water within reach.
Go to Top of Page

hushedxpassion
Starting Member

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  7:54:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I started drinking more water within a week or two I noticed my skin looked more healthy.
Go to Top of Page

amiya
Starting Member

40 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  3:59:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sandylaundry

I definately feel that drinking water helps the body's, and by extension, the skin's ability to detoxify. Yes, it can be hard to drink the 8-10 glasses a day, but remember that herbal tea, juices and soups also count. If your trouble is that water is bland, you can try making your favourite herbal tea extra strong, chilling it and serving it with sparkling water(also a great diet trick).

well!good point!
I will definitely try it!
Go to Top of Page

amiya
Starting Member

40 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  4:05:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I drink lots of water every day, but I still got breakouts//..may be I have to drink more ...?
Go to Top of Page

Coffeebean
Average Member

Canada
279 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  2:19:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I definitely know that drinking water helps me out. The one thing I do every morning is to drink one giant mug of warm water in the morning, before eating (but after brushing my teeth!), wait about 30 minutes before eating. When I say giant mug, I mean it! I have one of those classic Friends coffee mugs, and I"ll drink about 8 mugs of water every day. BUT...this may sound weird, but I honestly think the coffee & tea I drink has benefited me as well. I limit coffee to 3 cups or less, but tea, I'll drink all day! In particular, I drink green & white tea.
Go to Top of Page

ozkur

Turkey
54 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  10:23:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was a documentary at BBC called "The Truth About Food" and at one of the episodes they made an experiment about that. They concluded: Drinking Lots of Water has nothnig to do with skin improvement!!!
Go to Top of Page

Happypig_lala

50 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  03:40:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Drinking more water will stimulate the body circumulation. But not the more the better.
Go to Top of Page

InColor
Starting Member

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  10:27:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ozkur

There was a documentary at BBC called "The Truth About Food" and at one of the episodes they made an experiment about that. They concluded: Drinking Lots of Water has nothnig to do with skin improvement!!!

AGREED!
Go to Top of Page

Kaylo
Starting Member

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  10:30:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found that when I cut back my intake of 2% milk and increased my intake of water, while still drinking moderate amounts of 1% milk seemed to improve my skin. I love milk but I find when I drink alot of it for a consecutive amount of time it reacts badly with my skin, it could just be me.
Go to Top of Page

k8tie
Starting Member

Canada
15 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2009 :  8:10:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would agree that drinking water does help your skin. Our bodies cells need O2, water and nutrients to survive and to regenerate. If you are continually hydrating your body you are continually hydrating those cells and regenerating them at a more rapid rate than if you did not.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
eSkinStore Forum © eSkinCareStore - eSkinStore Go To Top Of Page